The NeL PACS library comprises world surface representations for content movement and collision management for both server and client applications.
- Both landscape and enclosed spaces are supported.
- PACS can either be linked to application as a library or run as a pair of stand-alone service.
- There is support for both object-object collisions and object-scenery collisions.
- Objects are divided into static solid objects, dynamic solid objects and dynamic 'ghost' objects that have no impact on the scenery
- Both Logical collisions and Blocking collisions are supported
- Blocking collisions may be treated as 'sticky', 'sliding' or 'bounce'
- Object collision primitives include cylinders and cuboids.
- PACS may maintain a collision space history which allows re-tracing of movement information received late, by the server, through the world as it was for lag management purposes.
- Landscape scenery is converted directly to a surface representation by exported data re-processing utilities.
- Streets and interiors must have explicit collision models (surface models) which are exported from 3DStudio Max and processed to generate the same surface representation.