- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Ryzom Core is the open-source project related to Ryzom Game. Written in C++, Ryzom Core contains the whole code (client, server, tools) used to make the commercial MMORPG Ryzom. Ryzom Core is a toolkit for the development of massively multiplayer online universes. It provides the base technologies and a set of development methodologies for the development of both client and server code.
Ryzom Core is open source and released under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License 3.0 (GNU/AGPLv3) for the source code and the Creative Commons Attributions-ShareAlike 3.0 (CC-BY-SA) for the art assets. Which means you can create your own game using Ryzom Core, for more information on doing so check out Creating Your Own Game Using Ryzom Core.
- Adaptive 3D engine
- Supports large open terrains and detailed interiors
- Fully skinnable user interface
- Highly optimized and proven cloud-based networking architecture
- Efficient client/server communication based on UDP
- Multilanguage support with Unicode
- Adaptive sound engine
- Full suite of tools to create a complete commercial MMORPG
Ryzom Core FAQs
For questions about why Ryzom decided to open-source its code, concerns about the impact of open source and questions about the direction of the project please see the Ryzom Open Source FAQ.
If you're a developer interested in Ryzom please check out our Ryzom Developer FAQ
If you want to test Ryzom Core, we have set up a shard where you can connect and see a basic version of Ryzom Core. More information...
- Contact the community
- Check out our manual on getting the Ryzom source for instructions on how to download the source code. After getting the source code you will want to check out GNU/Linux or Windows instructions on how to build the source code.
Ryzom Open Media Assets
Please check out the Ryzom Asset Repository.
You can read the Reference Guides.
Ways to Contribute
- Contact Us
- Road Map
- Ryzom Asset Repository
- Contributing to Ryzom
- Projects using Ryzom Core
- Help Us Code
- Help Us Document
- Ryzom Licenses
- Reference Guides
- Getting Source
- Build Source on Windows
- Run Server on Windows
- Run Client on Windows
- Build Source on Linux
- Configure Linux ServerWindows Server
- Configure Linux Web Services
- Build Source on Mac
- Creating a Client
- Using the World Editor