Edit the config in the cpp code located in "code/ryzom/client/src/client_cfg.cpp"
You will want to edit the configuration based on the values you want to change for example to hardset the CreateAccountURL you will edit the following line:
CreateAccountURL = "https://secure.ryzom.com/signup/from_client.php";
Then you will set which versions of the client you want to read from the config.cfg file this is useful so developers can use a "dev" version and edit values in the cfg for testing without having to recompile.
To read from the cfg file always you would use
To only read when compiled in "dev" mode you would add
To read the cfg only when compiled in "Final Version" mode you would add
Advantages of this method:
- The client will always use these settings even if the client.cfg is erased
- A malicious application cant change your settings
- You are able to have users remove the client.cfg to fix bad settings
Disadvantages of this method:
- Requires recompiling the client to make edits
- Required editing code
- May cause merge issues when Ryzom Core code is updated