While complex dialogs with NPCs are typically accomplished using the missions system and broadcast chatter is done using AI scripting we can configure some basic chat dialog elements by using the chat_parameters option within World Editor. You will find this if you navigate to a specific NPC bot within World Editor and open its properties. You can also do this for a group at the npc_group level using bot_chat_parameters.
These parameters are configured in a sort of "key / value" pair fashion.
Valid Chat Actions
- OP <arguments> - inserts the argument into the Optional Parameters list.
- shop <shop type> - using the shop_categories.cfg enable the NPC to be a shop keeper of that type.
- item <sheet> <quality> [<price>] [<faction type> [<point price>] ] - adds an item for sale.
- nitem <name> <price> <faction type> <point price> - adds a named item for sale.
- phrase <sheet> - adds a phrase for sale
- sale - TODO
- phrase_race_filter <0|1> - when '1' filters all trades by brick race restriction using the race of the player. (not actively used)
- phrase_type - TODO
- phrase_bot_race_filter <0|1> - when '1' filters all trades by brick race restriction using the race of the bot. (not actively used)
- +mission - this is not implemented yet. Intended to list missions in chat.
- welcome <phraseId> - this is not implemented yet. Note: the code loads the phrase ID but does nothing with it.
- web - TODO
- guild - TODO
- dyn_mis - TODO
- news - TODO
- menu - TODO
- outpost - TODO
- organization - TODO